Sunday, October 4, 2009

Little Runaway


One thing I love about classic cartoons in general is that you ALWAYS find something small you never noticed before over the years after repeated casual viewings. Even in the most pedestrian cartoons, like this Tom & Jerry entry, the epitome of the bland "Cute animal friend" if there ever was one. But, in all my years of watching Tom & Jerry cartoons... I never thought I would discover something like this.
Look at the opening shot with the guard sleeping...Just stare at the background...You'll find what I'm talking about. MAYBE I'll tell if none of you can guess what I've found. ;) Really, it's easier to spot if you're watching your DVD copy on a TV screen rather than this Youtube file...
(HINT: It's not a cameo, Richie).

3 comments:

Jan said...

I can't see the background well enough to be sure of this, Kasey, but are you referring to the three scantily dressed girls on one of the circus posters?

esahC said...

All I got is that I just saw naked yellow people.

Kasey said...

Both of you got it, though by the sound of it, I'm not exactly the first who noticed. But c'mon, TOPLESSLESS IN A CLASSIC T&J, LET ALONE ONE AS UNREMARKABLE AS THIS ONE!